James Avery Jewelry
- Retail Stores & Businesses
In the summer of 1954, Mr. Avery started his jewelry business in a two-car garage with about $250 in capital. He built a small workbench, bought a few hand tools and scraps of silver and copper. It was his desire to create jewelry with lasting value that was meaningful to him and his Customers.
Just a few years later in 1957, he mailed his first Christian jewelry catalog. It was 16 pages and featured 39 personally designed and handmade items. This was the year he hired his first employee, Fred Garcia.
The company grew and was incorporated to James Avery Craftsman, Inc. in 1965. Two years later, the company headquarters was constructed on 20 acres in Kerrville, not too far from that original garage.
In 2007, fifty-three years after he first founded the company, James Avery officially stepped down as CEO and passed the reins to his son Chris.
Today we continue in the tradition of our founder and strive to create jewelry with beauty and meaning, serve our Customers with graciousness and respect, give back to the communities where we do business and create a supportive, inclusive environment where Associates work, grow and feel they belong.
James Avery is a vertically integrated, family-owned company located in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. We offer finely crafted jewelry designs for men and women in sterling silver, 14K and 18K gold, bronze and gemstones. James Avery jewelry is designed and crafted by our own skilled artisans in Kerrville, Comfort and Hondo, TX using the finest materials sourced worldwide. We are a multi-channel retailer with over 100 stores.